Love Pulled Chicken? Make sure to try my BBQ Pulled Chicken…it has a secret ingredient and it’s THE BEST!
But What’s A Beergarita?
Some of you might be like what the heck is a “Beergarita”? Well friends, it’s exactly what it sounds like: the combination of a beer and a margarita! You may have seen folks drinking these crazy drinks at restaurants, where they are served a big margarita with a beer flipped over into it. They’re certainly fun to look at, but I imagine I would be on the floor in no time if I drank one of those!
I will be honest, I am actually not a margarita drinker…or really a beer drinker either. BUT I do love a lime chicken recipe…and beer typically works to tenderize meat as well as add a very subtle flavor to whatever it is cooked in, so this is absolutely a recipe I LOVE!
Beergarita Pulled Chicken Is An Easy Crock Pot Dinner Idea!
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s a fix-it-and-forget-it slow cooker recipe. You just add your ingredients into the crock pot, cover and walk away. 4 hours later you will be rewarded with tender, flavor-packed chicken that will shred easily.
This is one of those recipes that you can make at the beginning of the week and use it for days on tacos, salads, quesadillas etc! And not only that, it’s an amazing tailgate or party recipe too! When you say you’re bringing “Beergarita Chicken” you will absolutely get smiles!
- boneless chicken breasts
- ground cumin
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- chili powder
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- chopped green chilis, or you could use Ro-Tel if you would like!
- lime juice and zest
- light beer
- margarita mix
Literally you just place all the ingredients into you slow cooker, set it on high for 3-4 hours and that’s it! Prep time is 5 minutes and you’re good to go!
Make This Non-Alcoholic!
If you aren’t a drinker and prefer not to add beer into this recipe…or if you just don’t have any on-hand you can absolutely sub it out for chicken broth! I mean, it takes the “beer” out of the “beergarita” but it will still work and be great!
How To Serve Pulled Chicken…
Here’s where the fun begins. Our favorite way to enjoy this chicken is in tacos! Here’s what I like to make sure I have for our chicken tacos:
- Shredded Cheese
- Tomato or Pico de Gallo
- Avocado Salsa
- Fresh Limes
- Dice Onions
- Corn, flour, or hard shell tortillas
If You Want To Get Creative Here Are Other Dinner Ideas Using Beergarita Pulled Chicken:
- Over Rice
- On A Salad
- Burrito Bowls
- A Wrap or Sandwich
This pulled chicken has the flavors of a “Beergarita” drink! Margarita + Beer creates this tender, flavor packed pulled chicken recipe that is great on tacos, over rice, in quesadillas and beyond!
- 3 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (4- ounce) cans chopped green chilis
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1 cup light beer (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup non alcoholic margarita mix
- Place the chicken in the bottom of your 6- quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper onto the chicken.
- Add in the lime zest, lime juice, beer, and margarita mix.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-7 hours until the chicken is tender.
- Shred the chicken in the juices.
- Serve on tacos, over rice, or in quesadillas to name a few options!
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze airtight for up to 30 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, slow cooker, crock pot, pulled chicken, beergarita
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: