This is the best Breakfast Tacos recipe! Eggs are softly scrambled with cheddar cheese and served in tortillas with roasted breakfast potatoes, sausage links, and more. 15 minute prep!
JUMP TO RECIPE </a> </div> <ul> <li class="nav-heading">General</li><li><a class="" href="#ingredients">Ingredients</a></li><li><a class="" href="#how_to_make">How to make</a></li><li><a class="" href="#recipe">Get the recipe</a></li><li><a class=" watch-video" href="#recipe_video">Step-by-step video</a></li><li class="nav-heading">Frequently Asked Questions</li><li><a class="" href="#how_to_cook_the_eggs">How to cook the eggs</a></li><li><a class="" href="#variations">Variations</a></li><li><a class="" href="#tips">Tips</a></li><li><a class="" href="#pairing_suggestions">Pairing suggestions</a></li><li><a class="" href="#how_to_store">How to store</a></li><li><a class="" href="#nutrition_info">Nutrition information</a></li></ul></div>
These are the best breakfast tacos! Seriously. Everything you could want in a breakfast packed into tortillas with tons of flavor and all your favorite toppings. Plus, they really can be eaten any time of the day! Breakfast for lunch? Sure! Breakfast for dinner! Duh!
The secret to the best breakfast tacos ever is to use my homemade roasted breakfast potatoes which really take these breakfast tacos to the next level!
- Breakfast Potatoes – I use my roasted breakfast potatoes recipe and it’s outta this world. Full of tender, fluffy potatoes, onions, peppers, and spices.
- Sausage Links – use your favorite variety! Adds a hearty texture and amazing saltiness.
- Eggs and Cheddar Cheese – softly scrambled together for a cheesy and delicious filling.
- Olive Oil – used to cook the eggs.
- Salt and Pepper – these simple seasonings are all you need!
- Tortillas, Pico de Gallo, Sour Cream, Cilantro, Guacamole, etc. – for serving!
How to make
Only 15 minutes of prep required for this delicious recipe!
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan then whisk in eggs, salt, and pepper. Cook until the eggs are scrambled. Stir in shredded cheese then remove egg mixture from the skillet.
- Cook breakfast sausage.
- Serve eggs and sausage in a tortilla with roasted breakfast potatoes and other toppings!
How to cook eggs for breakfast tacos
The classic way to cook eggs for breakfast tacos is to scramble them…which is what we’re doing today! To scramble eggs for breakfast tacos:
- Heat oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in whisked eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, using a rubber spatula to scramble, until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Stir in shredded cheese.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary.
If you don’t like scrambled eggs feel free to prepare the eggs your favorite way: sunny-side up, fried, etc.
The great thing about breakfast tacos is you can really make them just how you like them! Here are some ideas!
- Spice them up. Use pepperjack cheese instead of cheddar, sprinkle in red pepper flakes or serve with a drizzle of hot sauce or sriracha!
- Sub in sweet potatoes. Try my sweet potato hash instead of the roasted breakfast potatoes.
- Make them vegetarian. Use your favorite meatless “sausage” link.
- Use a different tortilla. Use warmed corn tortillas instead of flour or use a burrito sized tortilla and turn these into breakfast burritos!
What to serve with breakfast tacos
These breakfast tacos pretty much have everything you could want in a breakfast: potatoes, sausage, eggs, cheese, etc.
If you do want to bulk up your meal even further, here are a few more breakfast ideas!
How to store
Store leftover breakfast taco filling in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. I don’t recommend freezing it because the texture of the eggs will be affected.
To reheat, microwave or heat on the stove!
- 1 batch breakfast potatoes cooked according to recipe instructions
- 1-2 (9.6 oz) boxes sausage links cooked on stove according to package instructions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 large eggs whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 oz) block sharp cheddar cheese shredded
Heat oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat.
Once hot, add in whisked eggs, salt, and pepper.
Cook, using a rubber spatula to scramble, until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Stir in shredded cheese.
Taste and re-season, if necessary.
Serve scrambled eggs in a tortilla with roasted breakfast potatoes, sausage links, and other suggested toppings!
Nutritional information is for the filling and does not include tortillas or suggested toppings.