This Cheeseburger Pizza is the perfect combination of two of your favorite comfort foods. Chewy pizza crust loaded with fry sauce, beef, cheese, and all the best burger toppings!
JUMP TO RECIPE </a> </div> <ul> <li class="nav-heading">General</li><li><a class="" href="#ingredients">Ingredients</a></li><li><a class="" href="#how_to_make">How to make</a></li><li><a class="" href="#recipe">Get the recipe</a></li><li class="nav-heading">Frequently Asked Questions</li><li><a class="" href="#what_sauce_to_use">What sauce to use</a></li><li><a class="" href="#variations">Variations</a></li><li><a class="" href="#pairing_suggestions">Pairing suggestions</a></li><li><a class="" href="#how_to_store">How to store</a></li><li><a class="" href="#nutrition_info">Nutrition information</a></li></ul></div>
Sometimes ALL the comfort foods sound too good to pick just one. So why not combine two of them? Enter this cheeseburger pizza recipe! All your favorite cheeseburger ingredients piled onto a store-bought pizza crust.
- Ground Beef – can’t have burger without beef! Use anything you have on hand. I like using a leaner variety so there’s less grease to drain.
- Steak Seasoning – steak seasoning usually includes paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder. This flavors the beef to give it a real “burger” flavor.
- Pizza Dough – I use a pre-made pizza dough ball, but feel free to whip up your favorite homemade version instead!
- Fry Sauce – our “pizza” sauce. Whip up a batch of my homemade fry sauce for a spicy, tangy, and creamy base.
- Shredded Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese – the perfect melty, cheesy pairing. The mozzarella is what’s most commonly found on pizza and you can’t beat sharp cheddar on a great burger!
- Pickles, Onion, Lettuce, and Tomato – classic burger toppings.
How to make
This cheeseburger pizza recipe takes a total of 30 minutes from start to finish!
- Heat a large non-skillet over medium heat, add in ground beef and steak seasoning, then cook until the beef is no longer pink. Drain the grease and set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough and spread on fry sauce.
- Top with cooked beef, then onions.
- Sprinkle evenly with both cheeses and bake on preheated pizza stones in preheated oven until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven, top with pickles, lettuce, and tomato, then serve and enjoy!
What kind of sauce is on cheeseburger pizza?
The classic cheeseburger pizza sauce is fry sauce—a ketchup and mayo-based condiment with a sweet, spicy, and tangy twist. You can buy it at some stores, but I love my homemade fry sauce recipe!
- Use a different sauce. Try BBQ sauce, honey mustard, or chick-fil-a sauce!
- Try other toppings. Any burger toppings will work! Mushrooms, avocado, bacon, caramelized onions, blue cheese crumbles, etc.
- Use another cheese. Try pepperjack for a spicy twist or gouda for a rich, nutty flavor. Anything goes!
- Spice it up. Heat things up with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes or a drizzle of hot sauce.
- Make it vegetarian. Use a meatless “beef” variety.
What to serve with cheeseburger pizza?
This cheeseburger pizza is delicious on its own but I also love to serve it up with some yummy sides!
How to store
Store leftover pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 1-2 months.
To reheat, thaw overnight in the fridge then bake or microwave to warm.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-2 tablespoons steak seasoning amount varies depending on what brand you use
- 1 (16 oz) ball pizza dough *
- 1/2 cup fry sauce plus more for dipping
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup pickle slices more or less to taste
- 1 cup shredded lettuce more to less to taste
- 1 large roma tomato diced
Place pizza stone into oven and preheat oven to 550 degrees F.
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
Add in ground beef and steak seasoning.
Cook, breaking up the meat as you go, until the beef is no longer pink.
Taste and re-season, if necessary, then drain grease and set aside.
Roll out pizza dough.
Spread with fry sauce.
Top with cooked beef, then diced onions.
Sprinkle evenly with both cheeses.
Bake on the hot pizza stones in the preheated oven for 10 minutes**, or until the crust is cooked and the cheese has melted.
Remove from oven and top with pickles, lettuce, and roma tomatoes.
Cut and serve with more fry sauce for dipping!
**Time will vary depending on crust brand and how thin you rolled it out, start checking after 5 minutes.