This Chick Fil A Sauce is a homemade version of the fast food chain’s most popular sauce. It’s creamy, sweet, tangy, smoky, and so good!
JUMP TO RECIPE </a> </div> <ul> <li class="nav-heading">General</li><li><a class="" href="#what_s_chick_fil_a_sauce">What's chick fil a sauce?</a></li><li><a class="" href="#ingredients">Ingredients</a></li><li><a class="" href="#how_to_make">How to make</a></li><li><a class="" href="#recipe">Get the recipe</a></li><li class="nav-heading">Frequently Asked Questions</li><li><a class="" href="#is_this_gluten_free">Is this gluten-free?</a></li><li><a class="" href="#is_this_dairy_free">Is this dairy-free?</a></li><li><a class="" href="#what_are_the_calories">What are the calories?</a></li><li><a class="" href="#variations">Variations</a></li><li><a class="" href="#pairing_suggestions">Pairing suggestions</a></li><li><a class="" href="#how_to_store">How to store</a></li><li><a class="" href="#nutrition_info">Nutrition information</a></li></ul></div>
What is chick fil a sauce?
Chick Fil A Sauce is Chick Fil A’s most famous sauce. It’s a creamy mayo-based honey mustard sauce with a slightly smoky flavor from BBQ sauce.
Not only is it absolutely delicious, it’s super quick and easy, made with every day ingredients, and SO versatile!
This sauce requires 5 ingredients that bonus you probably already have on hand!
- Mayo – the creamy, slightly tangy base for the sauce. Use full fat for an ultra creamy dip or an olive oil based mayo to lighten it up!
- BBQ Sauce – adds a rich, smoky flavor.
- Honey – gives the sauce just a touch of sweetness to balance the smoky bbq sauce.
- Dijon Mustard – adds a spicy, vinegar-y taste.
- Lemon Juice – provides just a touch more tang to offset the sweetness and creaminess from the mayo and honey.
How to make
This recipe takes no more than 5 minutes to whip up!
- Place all your ingredients into a food processor.
- Process until fully combined then serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to use.
Is chick fil a sauce gluten-free?
As long as you’re using a certified gluten free BBQ sauce, this recipe is gluten free! As always, check to make sure that ALL the ingredients you’re using are gluten-free before incorporating them into your sauce.
Is chick fil a sauce dairy-free?
All ingredients used in this recipe are dairy-free. The sauce is NOT vegan, however, since mayo has eggs and the sauce contains honey.
How many calories are in chick fil a sauce?
This recipe has 34 calories per tablespoon and makes about 40 tablespoons of sauce.
To lighten it up, try using a light mayo instead of regular mayo. Keep in mind it won’t be as creamy!
This sauce is a classic, super yummy dipping sauce. Although I do LOVE it as-is, if you want to switch things up, here are some ideas.
- Make it smoky. Heighten the smoky flavor by adding a touch of liquid smoke.
- Spice it up. Heat things up with a dash of sriracha or your favorite hot sauce.
- Make it chipotle. Stir some finely chopped chipotles in adobo for a spicy and smoky flavor twist.
- Make it vegan. Use a vegan mayo and sub the honey for maple syrup. This will slightly affect the flavor, but it’ll still be delicious!
- Lighten it up. Try using a light mayo or avocado mayo instead of regular.
What to serve with chick fil a sauce
- Serve it with a sandwich as a sauce. Use it as a sauce for a chicken sandwich or even a bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich.
- Serve it with fries or chicken as a dip. Serve it with waffle fries, air fryer french fries or chicken tenders.
- Serve it with salad as a dressing. Thin it out with a splash of water and drizzle it over this BBQ chicken salad.
How to store
This sauce will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 7-10 days.
I don’t recommend freezing it because the texture will be affected.
Chick Fil A Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Place mayo, bbq sauce, honey, mustard, and lemon juice into a food processor and process until well combined.
Pour into a tupperware container, seal, and store in the fridge until ready to use.