Chicken and Potatoes with Dijon Cream Sauce 😍😋 is a flavorful one-pot wonder that’s good for any night of the week. Italian seasonings and Dijon mustard blend beautifully together in a rich, buttery sauce that goes perfectly with the tender chicken and potatoes. By @cremedelacrumb1 ~
* 3 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 2 teaspoons Italian blend seasoning OR Herbs de Provence
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoon olive oil
* 1/2 pound baby potatoes, halved or quartered as needed
for the dijon cream sauce
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 cup chicken broth I used low sodium
* 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
* 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper, or to taste
* Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Prepare the chicken and potatoes
* Combine chicken and potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, toss to coat, then season generously with salt and pepper, and the Italian seasoning blend * In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Drizzle in 1 tablespoon olive oil and give it a good stir. * Add chicken to one half of the pan, potatoes to the other half. Cook undisturbed for 3-4 minutes, flip chicken and cook another 3-4 minutes til browned on both sides. Transfer chicken and potatoes to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Prepare the sauce
* In the same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic for 1 minute til fragrant. * Stir in chicken broth and dijon mustard, then whisk in heavy cream, salt and pepper.
Put it together
* Return chicken and potatoes to the pan, giving them a good toss in the sauce to keep them from drying out in the oven. * Transfer to preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork-tender. * Spoon dijon sauce from the pan over the chicken and potatoes, garnish with freshly cracked black pepper and fresh herbs if desired, and serve.
#bakedchicken #potatoes #recipe #chicken #creamy #easyrecipes #healthy #buzzfeast #buzzfeedfood