BLT Dip is a creamy and delicious dip that is best served cold. All of the flavors of our favorite BLT Sandwich are layered on a creamy cheesy mixture and topped with bacon, lettuce and tomatoes!
This is the perfect dip for chips, veggies or tortillas!
If you’re looking for the perfect appetizer to take to family gatherings, potlucks or just for hanging out at home, this recipe will have everyone coming back for more!
- Base: Cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream form a creamy base. Make this into a ranch blt dip by adding ranch dressing mix, Italian dressing mix or fresh herbs if you have them on hand.
- Bacon: I love to make bacon in the oven when time allows. If not, you can use bacon bits in this recipe (or pre-cooked bacon).
- Lettuce: Iceberg or romaine are perfect choices for this recipe because they will stay firm and crunchy.
- Tomatoes: Anything ripe and juicy works here! You can also make this with rotel tomatoes to kick it up a notch (mixed in), I would still suggest fresh tomatoes for on top.
How to Make BLT Dip
This simple BLT Dip is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Combine creamy ingredients in a bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy (this makes it easy to scoop).
- Gently fold in the remaining ingredients (reserving some bacon and tomato for toppings).
- Cover and chill at least an hour before serving.
Once chilled, top with shredded lettuce, remaining bacon, and diced tomatoes.
Make It in Advance
BLT Dip can be made at least 48 hours before serving as long as it is tightly covered and kept cold in the refrigerator. Don’t add the toppings until just before serving so they stay fresh and crisp.
What to Serve with BLT Dip
I love to grab nearly anything and use it to scoop and dip into this yummy appetizer!
- Veggies: celery sticks, mushroom caps, zucchini, and cucumber coins are great for scooping and dipping!
- Bread: any kind of crackers, tortilla chips, crostini rounds, chunks of bread or breadsticks will work great as well.
- Toppings: This dip is so versatile, it even makes a great spread on a sandwich or a dollop of creamy goodness on a baked potato!
Creamy BLT Dip
Chill 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
well drained plus extra for garnish
sharp cheddar cheese
cooked and drained, divided
iceberg or romaine
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until fluffy with a mixer on medium.
Stir in smoked paprika, garlic powder, green onions, diced tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and 2/3 of the bacon.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Remove from the fridge, top with lettuce, remaining bacon and chopped tomatoes.
Spices can be replaced with your favorite spice mix or ranch or Italian dressing mix.