These Crockpot Meatballs require just 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep! Serve them over rice, mashed potatoes, or eat them as-is. They’re so versatile, so easy-to-make, and SO YUMMY!
JUMP TO RECIPE </a> </div> <ul> <li class="nav-heading">General</li><li><a class="" href="#ingredients">Ingredients</a></li><li><a class="" href="#how_to_make">How to make</a></li><li><a class="" href="#recipe">Get the recipe</a></li><li class="nav-heading">Frequently Asked Questions</li><li><a class="" href="#how_long_to_cook">How long to cook</a></li><li><a class="" href="#frozen_vs_fresh_meatballs">Frozen vs fresh meatballs</a></li><li><a class="" href="#do_you_pre_cook_the_meat">Do you pre-cook the meat?</a></li><li><a class="" href="#meatball_variations">Meatball variations</a></li><li><a class="" href="#how_to_serve">How to serve</a></li><li><a class="" href="#how_to_store">How to store</a></li><li><a class="" href="#can_these_be_frozen">Can these be frozen?</a></li><li><a class="" href="#nutrition_info">Nutrition information</a></li></ul></div>
We all know I LOVE easy recipes…and crockpot recipes…and these crockpot meatballs are THE EASIEST crockpot recipe ever! Double win! All you’re doing is taking your four ingredients, mixing them together in your crockpot, and waiting for the meatballs to cook…that’s it! Heck. yes.
Just a 3-ingredient sauce plus your pre-cooked, frozen meatballs and you’re ready to go!
- Grape Jelly, Chili Sauce, and BBQ Sauce – make up a delicious, sweet, tangy, and slightly spicy crockpot meatball sauce.
- Meatballs – I use Cooked Perfect Homestyle frozen meatballs for convenience.
- Sesame Seeds and Sliced Green Onions – optional, for serving!
How to make
When I say this recipe is easy, I mean SO easy! Just combine everything in your crockpot and sit back and relax while it cooks. 🙂
- Grease your crockpot then add in grape jelly, chili sauce, and BBQ sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add in frozen meatballs then stir until they’re completely coated with the sauces.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours then serve and enjoy!
How long to cook frozen meatballs in a crockpot
Because we’re using pre-cooked frozen meatballs, these are done in just 3 hours—which is faster than most crockpot recipes!
Do you have to use frozen meatballs?
For this recipe, yes. It is designed using frozen meatballs for minimal hands-on time. Fresh meatballs require extra prep.
Do you have to cook meatballs before putting them in a crockpot?
If you were using fresh meatballs, you would want to pre-cook them. However, since we’re using already cooked, frozen meatballs, you don’t have to worry about it!
I love all of the flavors in this recipe but if you want to change it up a bit, here are some other ideas:
- Swap the jelly. Try it with apple jelly, cranberry sauce, currant jelly, pineapple jam, etc.
- Make it sweet and sour. Swap the chili sauce for sweet and sour sauce.
- Make it sweeter. Try adding a drizzle of honey.
- Make it spicier. Add little bits of sriracha at a time until you’ve reached your perfect spice level.
How to serve crockpot meatballs
These meatballs are super delicious as-is, so I love to just serve them up as toothpick appetizers for a get-together or keep them in the fridge and snack on them whenever. 😉
If you’re looking to make them into a bulkier meal, here are a few options:
- Turn them into a sandwich. Try making them into a meatball sub.
- Serve them over rice.
- Use them as a topping for mashed potatoes. I love them over my instant pot mashed potatoes.
How to store
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can you freeze crockpot meatballs?
Since the meatballs we’re using are pre-cooked and already frozen, I don’t recommend re-freezing them after you’ve cooked them for a second time in your crockpot.
- 1 (18 oz) jar grape jelly
- 1 (12 oz) jar chili sauce
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 (32 oz) bag frozen fully cooked meatballs (I used Cooked Perfect Homestyle)
- Sesame seeds and sliced green onions optional for presentation
Grease a 6 quart crockpot with cooking spray.
Pour in grape jelly, chili sauce, and BBQ sauce.
Stir to combine.
Add in frozen meatballs and stir until they are fully coated with the sauce.
Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
Serve as an appetizer with toothpicks or serve over rice for a meal!