Bagel Dip is one of the simplest cream cheese recipes ever, and it’s great for kids’ parties (or grown-up ones!) A cream cheese base, with savory everything bagel seasoning is beaten until creamy and fluffy.
Garnish with green onions and serve with bagel chips for an easy dip!
What’s in Everything Bagel Dip?
This easy dip is made with a handful of ingredients and starts with a creamy & fluffy base!
- Cream Cheese: Use full fat for the best flavor!
- Sour Cream: Beaten together with cream cheese makes this scoopable and adds a bit of tang!
- Seasonings: Everything Bagel Seasoning is amazing on or in anything and everything from chicken to everything bagel butter. It and can be found at Trader Joe’s, Sam’s Club, Amazon or you can make your own Everything Seasoning.
Enjoy this creamy bagel dip as an easy lunch (or breakfast) or as an appetizer for a special holiday occasion!
How to Make Bagel Dip
You’ll love how easy this is to make… but you’ll love how it tastes even more!
- Whip sour cream and cream cheese together with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy with no lumps.
- Mix in remaining ingredients by hand.
Put it in a pretty bowl, garnish with more chives if desired. Cover tightly, and chill for at least an hour before serving.
There are lots of ways to make this dip your own!
- Love spicy food? No problem, just add in 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, chipotle spice, or chili flakes!
- Like it a little more “oniony?” Add a tsp. of onion powder or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder to the mix.
- Spices, herbs and seasonings I love caraway seeds so I add those in. Add your own favorite spices to make this your own.
What to Serve With It
There are so many delicious dippers for this easy dip! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Crispy bagel chips are the best! I make homemade by thinly slicing bagels, spritzing with olive oil and baking.
- Garlic crostini are crisp and hold up well.
- A combo of Ritz crackers, pretzels, corn chips, or any of your other favorite dippers. You can’t go wrong with this one!
- This bagel dip would also make an incredible veggie dip, so consider making a veggie platter with sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, mini bell peppers, and baby carrots, for a colorful and special appetizer!
This yummy dip will adapt itself well to any of your preferences. Just make sure to taste test before adding more of something, and you’ll be good to go!
Delicious Dips Served Chilled
Everything Bagel Dip
Chill Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Everything Bagel Dip is the best combination of savory seasoning beaten until creamy and fluffy, with green onions and sour cream for a little extra tang!
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon everything seasoning see below
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives thinly sliced
- bagel chips for serving
Combine cream cheese and sour cream with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
Stir in green onion, spices, and everything seasoning. Chill 1 hour before serving.
Serve with bagel chips or toasted bagel pieces.
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon onion flakes
1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
Calories: 71, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 21mg, Sodium: 54mg, Potassium: 49mg, Carbohydrates: 2g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 1g, Vitamin A: 281%, Vitamin C: 1%, Calcium: 44%, Iron: 1%
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)