- Total Time Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- Makes about 3 dozen
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs; drain. Place in a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink.
2 each: 84 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.