These 5 ingredient Magic Cookie Bars couldn’t be easier or more delicious! A graham cracker crust topped with chocolate chips, coconut, and sweetened condensed milk.
JUMP TO RECIPE </a> </div> <ul> <li class="nav-heading">How Tos</li><li><a class="" href="#ingredients">Ingredients</a></li><li><a class="" href="#make_cracker_crumbs">Make cracker crumbs</a></li><li><a class="" href="#how_to_make">How to make</a></li><li><a class="" href="#recipe">Get the recipe</a></li><li><a class=" watch-video" href="#recipe_video">Step-by-step video</a></li><li class="nav-heading">Frequently Asked Questions</li><li><a class="" href="#how_to_store">How to store</a></li><li><a class="" href="#nutrition_info">Nutrition information</a></li></ul></div>
Who knew 5 simple ingredients could be quite so decadent and delicious?!
- Butter binds graham cracker crumbs together to create a crust. It also adds a wonderful rich flavor.
- Graham cracker crumbs. You could make your own, but for ease, I prefer using the pre-made crumbs.
- Chocolate chips. Use semi-sweet for the perfect, sweet but not too sweet flavor.
- Flaked sweetened coconut adds a great chewy flavor and subtle coconut flavor.
- Sweetened condensed milk binds the bars together and is SO gooey and creamy.
How to make graham cracker crumbs
I’d recommend using the boxed store-bought crumbs to save on time, but if you don’t have any, feel free to make your own crumbs from graham crackers. You can make them with or without a food processor.
How to make with a food processor: place graham cracker sheets into a food processor and process until crumbly.
How to make without a food processor: place graham cracker sheet into a gallon sized ziplock baggie, seal, and crush by banging the crackers with a rolling pin or something heavy like a sauce pan!
How to make magic cookie bars
These cookie bars could not be quicker or easier to make. Make them in advance or make them last minute. The choice is yours!
- Preheat oven and grease a baking dish with cooking spray, then line with a parchment paper sling. See video.
- Mix butter and graham cracker crumbs together in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Grease your hands with cooking spray and gently press down.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips, then coconut over the crumbs.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the coconut.
- Bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven.
- Cool completely before removing from pan and cutting into bars.
How do you store magic bars?
Magic bars can be stored at room temperature, in the fridge, or in the freezer. Magic bars do not need to be refrigerated, but if you prefer a cold magic bar, feel free to place them in the fridge. My preference? Keep the magic bars at room temperature, then heat in the microwave until the chocolate chips are warm and melty!
Room temperature: place completely cooled magic bars into a sealed tupperware containerfor up to a week.
Fridge: place completely cooled magic bars into a sealed airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Freezer: place completely cooled and cut magic bars onto a silicone mat lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes to an hour until hard. Wrap each bar in saran wrap, then place the magic bars into a sealed ziplock baggie and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Serve directly from the freezer, thawed in the fridge, or warmed in the microwave.
Magic Cookie Bars
9″ x 13″ Baking Dish
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
In a medium sized bowl, mix butter and graham cracker crumbs together.
Pour into prepared baking dish.
Spray hands with cooking spray (to prevent sticking) and gently press down on the crumbs to form a crust.
Sprinkle chocolate chips, then coconut over the crust.
Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over coconut.
Bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven.
Cool completely before removing from pan and cutting into bars.