Obviously this is an uncertain time, and it goes without staying that I hope everyone is doing well, staying safe and healthy, and trying to do their best to keep a positive outlook. It’s harder some days than others, and I for sure, have my good and bad days.
Around the 2nd week of the stay at home order here in NJ I had a pretty hard time…anxiety, stress…but I (hopefully) have gotten over the hump and have eased into the new normal. I mean, with that said, I hope this new normal doesn’t last too much longer.
I have loved watching YouTube, IG Stories, and even TikTok seeing what everyone is doing to fill their days and keep them busy, and have found myself being heavily influenced, especially when it comes to organization items, and cozy clothes, so I thought I would share some of the things that are keeping me sane!
I’ve Been Wearing ALL the Cozies!
I know the day will come when I have to put on jeans again, but that time isn’t now. I’ve been living in sweats and leggings! It’s still chilly here in NJ, so I I don’t even feel guilty about it!
I’m Cleaning and Organizing!
Like everyone else I’ve been trying to use this time to organize my life a little. Here are some fun little things that have made me happy:
- I got this fan because I want everything to be clean (omg it’s a problem) including the air. Trust me, I know it’s expensive, but I’ve drank the Dyson Kool-Aid.
- My cooking utensil drawers have never looked so pretty thanks to these.
- My boys begged me for these lights for their room, and I finally gave in. Anything to make at home school bearable.
- This pillow is LIFE.CHANGING. I am telling you, it seems weird but it is INCREDIBLE.
- This smell is giving me life right now, it’s THE BEST! It’s so fresh and clean it makes me so happy. I now have reed diffusers, candles, lotion, hand soap, and a plug-in room smeller. Yes, I live in a grapefruit now.
- Leslie’s Instagram is one of my favorites and she influenced me to buy this and I swear it’s so satisfying.
- I got rid of all the janky disposable food storage things (THAT I COULD NEVER FIND THE LIDS FOR) and decided to treat myself to new ones. We’re all worth a new set of food storage containers, wouldn’t you say?
- Bought three of these and LOVE them!! They are so cute, and I use them for blankets, pillows, and exercise equipment!
What We’ve Been Eating (and drinking)…
SO MUCH FOOD. We have made so many chocolate chip cookies over quarantine that I have lost count.
- You need these chocolate chips. Like NEED. If you’re making cookies buy yourself some quality chips. You will never look back.
- We’ve been making the cover recipe from my book far too much. If you don’t have my book, nows the time! The cookie recipe alone is worth it.
- All the cinnamon rolls. Like ALL of them.
- This soup on repeat.
- This salad.
- And I’m SUPER enjoying this wine. My friend bought this for the first time last summer and LOVE it. Being able to have one glass is perfect for me!
Beauty Stuff Makes Me Happy
Of course it does. You guys know I love my beauty products, and I have been doing my best to get up, get dressed, and put on at least a little make up. It makes me feel more productive for some reason. Here are few things that I have really been using:
- These make me happy. Having a little faux glow just makes me feel better.
- I’ve had to resort to dying my own roots. It’s a tough time. But I have been LOVING this brand. It doesn’t seem to fade and the color match is great!
- Like I said, I have drank the Dyson Kool Aid. I bought THIS in the fall and honestly love it so much. I have never shared it with you guys here or on Instagram because it’s so expensive. And I’m certainly not telling you to run out and buy it, but if you’ve wondered or are on the fence, I will tell you it’s one of my favorite things.
- I love a gel manicure, and I’ve mostly been giving my nails a break since all this started, but I have at at home gel kit that is amazing if you’re wanting to do your own!
- I have been using retinol for almost a year now and love what it does for my skin. What I didn’t love was the initial period where your skin gets used to it…the dry, flaky skin. So you know what, if you’ve been thinking about starting to use it, what better time than now when you’re stuck inside. This is what I have been using.
I Guess I’m A Puzzle Person…
We have done more puzzles this month than I think I have done in my entire life cumulative. And since they all seem to be sold out online everywhere, we are not alone. BUT we did get this game and have been REALLY loving it!
We’ve Been Watching…
We are working our Netflix subscription hard! We have watched all the obvious shows. But if you have loved anything, let me know in the comments.
AND my boys are teens, so watching movies together is fun and something we have been enjoying doing in the evenings more than ever. So we decided to basically do a Mark Wahlberg movie marathon.
When we started going through movies to watch we realized that he was in a lot of our favorites, so we have been working our way through his catalog. He’s got a lot of good ones!
I’ve Been Reading…
I haven’t been reading any more than usual. With that said, I’m always reading something. I read at night before bed and that’s the only time…unless I’m by the pool of on a beach. Here’s the most recent books on my kindle…
- All Elin Hilderbrand. I have been reading Elin’s books for a long time, and always look forward to her new one each summer and winter. They just make me happy. I don’t think there are any of her books that I haven’t enjoyed reading.And as many as I’ve read I realized there were a bunch I hadn’t read, so my last 3 books have all been hers: The Blue Bistro (loved), Silver Girl (liked), The Beach Club (liked).
- The Idea of You. Fun, dishy read, with some adult content, but not in a gross way.
- You Are Not Alone. It was ok. That’s pretty much how I feel about all the Greer Hendricks/Sarah Pekkanen books. They all kinda make me feel uncomfortable.
- The Wives. Ummm…I liked it at the beginning, but didn’t like the end.
- The Family Next Door. It was good. I’d say 3 stars. Didn’t love, didn’t hate.
- American Royals. Super cute and light. I already preordered the sequel.
- The Mother In Law. I liked this one!
- Open Book. I actually listened to this one. I liked it!
I’m not sharing any of this so you run out and buy any of these things…if you do great…but I love seeing what everyone else is doing and thought I would jump on the bandwagon. Plus, there are some amazing sales right now, so if you have the means and are so inclined, go for it!
Some of the links included in this post are affiliate links, which I do earn a small commission through if you purchase an item.