Not looking for something so indulgent? Try my Honey Wheat Muffins!
Looking For A Breakfast That’s A Real Treat? S’mores Muffins!
Sometimes an idea is just too good…and since you know I love a good mash-up recipe, S’mores Muffins make complete sense! You have a sweet and moist honey-wheat muffin, filled with marshmallow cream, topped with a buttery graham cracker crumble and milk chocolate. If this isn’t the best muffin idea I’ve had in a long time, I don’t know what is!
For the Crumb Topping You Need:
- 4 full sized graham crackers, crushed (3/4 cup crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Muffins You Need:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup broken milk chocolate pieces or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line your large muffin tin with cupcake liners or coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Streusel: In a medium bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Stir to combine and streusel comes together. Set aside.
- Muffins: In a large bowl whisk together the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the buttermilk, egg, oil, honey, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir until combined and smooth.
- Assembly: place 2 tablespoons of batter into each of the lined muffin tins. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of marshmallow creme on top of the batter. Then spoon the remaining batter evenly on top of the muffins.
- Sprinkle the streusel evenly on top of the batter.
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes, until the tops are golden and set.
- When the muffins come out of the oven immediately press the milk chocolate evenly into the tops.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
How To Store Muffins:
Muffins, in my opinion, are best warm out of the oven…I don’t think anyone can argue with me. But you can ABSOLUTELY store these airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You can also freeze these airtight for up to a month!
Just pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds to make these warm and yummy. And don’t forget that spread of butter!
PIN for later:
Looking For More S’mores Recipes? Try These:
*This recipe was developed as part of my long time partnership with Imperial Sugar